Writerz Revolution Forum

Biografia & Intervista: Pez

« Older   Newer »
G.O.
view post Posted on 25/7/2011, 13:39      

Biografia:

69ae851f65pez

José Sabaté (Pez = pesce, vivo, in spagnolo).
Nacque nel 1976 a Barcellona. Iniziò a dipingere nel 1999 nella periferia della città. All'inizio scriveva solo la sua firma e presto la evolse in un pesce. Un giorno decise di dipingere vicino alla sua tag un personaggio a forma di pesce. E così "nacque" El Pez! Trovò in quel gran sorriso un modo per trasmettere delle buone sensazioni ai passanti.
Nel giro di pochi anni i suoi lavori si diffusero anche fuori da Barcellona, e presto iniziò a viaggiare e a dipingere nelle città Europee.
Così iniziò ad essere riconosciuto e ad emergere velocemente grazie alla sua perseveranza.
Attualmente il "pesce felice" ha molti altri amici e una grande famiglia di personaggi che sono riconoscibili per via dell'enorme e contagioso sorriso.

José Sabaté (Pez, fish in Spanish). Born in Barcelona in 1976. He started to paint in 1999 on the outskirts of Barcelona. At first he used to write his signature, and soon it evolved into a fish.
One day he decided to paint a fish character near his tag. El Pez was born! He found the huge smile a way to pass on good vibrations to the walkers on the streets.
In a few years his artwork spread throughout Barcelona, and soon he began to travel and to paint in European cities. So he began being recognised and rose quickly thanks to his perseverance in the street.
Nowadays the happy fish has a lot of friends and a big family of characters that you can recognize by their huge and infectious smile

Sito Ufficiale: www.el-pez.com/

Intervista:
Intervista in Inglese.
(Se qualcuno si offrisse mai di tradurla metterei la sua traduzione, con crediti, al posto dell'originale)

Bombing Science: Cosa scrivi? Con che crew sei ?
Pez: Scrivo Pez. Sono stato nella ONG, KYT e Los Martinez crew, ma adesso non sto in nessuna crew. Dipingo con tutti, la comunità mondiale dei graffiti!!

BS: Di dove sei? Quando e come hai cominciato?
Pez: Sono di Barcelona, ho cominciato a dipingere nel 1999 con alcuni writers della mia città. Per un paio d'anni guardavo cosa succedeva sui muri dela mia città e disegnavo sul blackbook. Poi un giorno ebbi l'ieda di fondere un pesce con la scrizza PEZ.

BS: Perché PEZ? Perché la tua tag è un figurativo e non lettere? Cosa ti rende differente da tutti gli altri writers?
Pez: Ho avuto l'originale idea di fondere tag e logo. La mia tag è PEZ (pesce in spagnolo) e ha la forma di un pesce. Quando trovai questa perfetta combinazione fui stregato. Speravo di essere diverso dagli altri writers perché avevo trovato il modo di fondere disegno e lettering.

BS: How do you feel about the graffiti scene in Spain? Is it more competitive than Europe? United States?
Pez: I don't play competitive in the graffiti game, but I hope it is the same everywhere.

BS: What about the graffiti scene in Barcelona, is it competitive? Do you have any disputes with writers or crews like ragging, fights...etc? Or in Spain is the graffiti beef dealt with differently?
Pez: Barcelona graffiti is really easy. There some writers that are more competitive but I don't care. I had some disputes at the beggining, but i try to respect all the writers, all the time. Beef is for kids and I'm an adult now.

BS: How do you get your paint? And which brand do you prefer?
Pez: I buy Montana Cans original from Barcelona. This is my favorite paint. But i can paint with any other brands too.

BS: What are your favorite things to bomb? For example, trucks, walls, trains...etc.
Pez: I love store shutters and rubbish walls at the center of the city. I like track sides too and the highway spots. I'm looking for places that my pieces will remain for the longest time possible.

BS: Is there any kind of authority pursuing graffiti artists in Spain? If so, have you had any run ins with the law? Any good stories?
Pez: No vandal squad, only the regular police force. I had some problems with police while painting in Barcelona but it wasn't difficult to get away by telling the police some fake stories like "sorry I'm an art student and i was painting a graffiti against the war..." and sometimes they don't arrested you... and then you can start painting on the next street corner! But now painting in Barcelona is harder than ever. If they catch you will be fined. And now there's some undercover cops, but only in the center of the city.

BS: Who has influenced you throughout your graffiti career?
Pez: A lot of writers from Barcelona and some cartoons/comics illustrators.

BS: What are your thoughts about the new generation of graffiti and its new upcoming artists and the future of it?
Pez: I think the new generation is hitting hard. There's a lot more information on graffiti and better paint than 15 years ago. But it seems too difficult to be original these days...

BS: What kind of tactics/strategies do you use when you go out and do your thing? Any advice?
Pez: Some secret tacttcs, jeje! My only advice is try to be wiser than police.

BS: Are you planing a career with graffiti?is so how?
Pez: I'm trying to make a living with my art. Not only with graffiti, but also with design, illustration, art on canvas, teaching...

BS: What influences you in today's world to go out and paint walls?
Pez: To change the greyish colors of the streets. To change the city the way I want, putting something funny and colorful for the people walking in the streets. Happiness for the people!!!

BS: Have you bombed anywhere else in Europe or in the world? If yes, how does that make you feel?
Pez: Yes i bombed on Berlin, Amsterdam and Milano, I like this city in Italy they don't buff and is full of bombing. I was in NYC and I was feeling observed. I was in Bogota and I was feeling like in a Jungle... this city is very dangerous at night but it is easy to paint. I also went to Tokyo and Tapei I was feeling free to bomb everywhere. There are some clubbing areas packed with people, without any police in sight, where you can do wathever you want!

BS: To end the interview do you have any shout outs, last words or anything you like to say to your readers?
Pez: If you want to enjoy good weather, good food, enjoy the sea, good people, good writers,nice girls and parties everyday: come to my city and you will experience the original Barcelona happy style!
Pez, Smiling since 1999.

Topic con raccolta foto, qui sul forum: https://writerzrevolution.forumcommunity.net/?t=46906761

Edited by Syne - 27/12/2011, 11:03

0 replies since 25/7/2011, 13:39   777 views