Writerz Revolution Forum

Biografia & Intervista: Aryz

« Older   Newer »
G.O.
view post Posted on 14/7/2011, 12:57     +2    

Biografia:

aryz2

Aryz (in spagnolo: Arì/th/ ..con TH inglese) originario di Barcellona, in Spagna.
Dovrebbe avere tra i venti e i trent'anni..almeno più di 22.

(non ho saputo trovare altro sulla sua biografia..nel caso qualcuno trovasse di più può aggiungere in risposta se lo desidera)

Intervista:
Intervista in inglese ma molto semplice e comprensibile.
(se qualcuno si offrisse mai di tradurla metterei la sua traduzione, con crediti, al posto dell'originale)

First question: why are you making street art?
I paint for fun. I don’t know if street art is the word to define my work. I don’t paint much in the street...

So you don’t like the name street art when it is used about your works?
I don’t really know what it should be called, some people call it graffiti and some other street art. I really don’t care. I started painting graffiti, and then I started doing characters and big walls… I don’t know. I think they are just interventions in outdoor spaces.

Do you make only legal works or also illegal?
Normally I paint in abandoned factories, and it’s legal in a way, in abandoned spaces normally nobody cares , but if police comes… depends on the officer you have to leave or maybe you can stay…Sometimes I have the opportunity to paint a wall with permission, so we do it legally, like here in Katowice.

So generally you make big things? Like a huge format?
It depends, normally if I have a big wall, I paint a big work. But when I can’t find a big wall I paint what I have.

It’s not your first time in Poland. Did you made any works in Poland before this one in Katowice?
Yes, I came to Poland for the first time three years ago or so… I painted in 4 cities. Lublin, Wroclaw, Warsaw and Cracow…. I don’t remember the order in which I painted… but that was different stuff.

Why was it different stuff?
It was long ago… I just did quick things without thinking much what I was doing… I did such bad stuff then… I don’t really want to remember.

What impact would you like to have on the city?
I paint for myself, for having fun. I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t like to do it. If people like it, it’s even better, but it’s not my main purpose.

Talking about your works, what’s your biggest ambition, dream? What would you like to accomplish?
I don’t know. I would like to keep having the same amount of walls that I have now. I guess that my dream would be to become faster, but it’s not so easy.

Was there any shift in your style of works?
Yes, I started painting with graffiti people from my town, they were making letters, and I was making characters between letters. After a while I had a stupid injury in my finger for pressing in a wrong way the spray cans. So I started to use more brush instead of spray. At the same time the guys I was painting with, said that my works were not cool anymore because I was not using spraycans, so we finished our cooperation. After that I started painting for myself, trying to do more characters and big paintings.

Where do you find inspiration?
Everything that surrounds me influences me in a good or bad way.

How do you manage to do works in such a huge format?
It’s practice, it’s not difficult for anybody I think…. It’s just that you need more time to spend. You have to go far to take a look more often because some parts might be smaller that you expected. But at the end it is just a matter of practice.

You are 22 years old, and you sound as if you have been making art for a very long time. When and how did you become interested in this kind of activity?
When I was at high school, I met some guys who were breakdancing and listening to hip hop and I started to hanging around with them , one day they said „let’s go paint some wall”. We went to buy some sprays and we went painting… We just did a really huge mess… I tried to go and fix it the next day… but it ended even worst. Since then it’s been like a personal challenge.

Do you work mostly with a group of people or always alone?
I have a group called „Mixed Media”, it was supposed to be a mixture of techniques. But at the end we just paint with acrylic or spray… not a big deal.

What’s your favourite work that you’ve ever made?
I don’t have any favourite one… I have some works that I really hate :)

Topic con raccolta foto, qui sul forum: https://writerzrevolution.forumcommunity.net/?t=46497807

oiu
view post Posted on 19/11/2013, 20:02      

uma merda

1 replies since 14/7/2011, 12:57   3050 views